elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band
 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
imalittlebeast
fallen angel
fallen angel
avatar

Female Number of posts : 39
Age : 23
Location : S Wales
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 21:24

one time, very front on the rails

guy smiled at me n shook my brothers hand

not bad i suppose Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 461
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 21:21

too many times to remember? but first saw them in the basement of newcastle uni in 2001 and will see them again next year at the newcastle arena... never missed a newcastle gig, i would guess im into double figures will festivals and other apperances...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 461
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 21:26

chan wrote:
My lot is:

1. Newcastle Uni
2. Newcastle Uni
3. V festival 2004
4. Leeds Festival 2005
5. Newcastle Academy
6. Sage Gateshead
7. Newcastle Academy

i cant remember any dates!!

i think i can help with the newcastle gigs, they played the uni three times that i know of... october 01 (alseep), october 03 (cast) and november 05 (leaders).

and i think the last three are probably all in support of SSK, so would be 5th april 2008 (academy), 20th october 2008 (sage) and 5th march 2009 (academy again!)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 461
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 21:35

errant wrote:
too many times to remember? but first saw them in the basement of newcastle uni in 2001 and will see them again next year at the newcastle arena... never missed a newcastle gig, i would guess im into double figures will festivals and other apperances...


the nerd in me work it out, as i thought... i'm into double figures...


17th october 2001 - newcastle uni
28th june 2002 - glastonbury
13th july 2002 - old trafford move festival
17th august 2002 - v2002
17th august 2003 - edinburgh liquid rooms
5th october 2003 - newcastle uni
19th february 2004 - brixton academy
6th september 2004 - shepherds bush empire
20th november 2005 - newcastle uni
18th february 2006 - liverpool academy2
5th April 2008 - newcastle academy
20th October - sage gateshead
5th march 2009 - newcastle academy

and then i've got march 2011 coming up for 14 or more... yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
avatar

Female Number of posts : 64
Age : 27
Location : South Wales
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 06 Oct 2010, 09:13

Wow this is kinda embarassing, i've never seen them Embarassed

I got into Elbow early last year properly and as a fan I have been growing rapidly ever since, I am going to see them in Cardiff next March though with my bf who hates them Mad (damn him) and I cant wait, from reading through the posts on this site i'm in for something special!!!! I can't wait to be honest!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1377
Age : 45
Location : MyBuryVest@twitter.com
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 06 Oct 2010, 13:57

Kayleigh wrote:
Wow this is kinda embarassing, i've never seen them Embarassed

I got into Elbow early last year properly and as a fan I have been growing rapidly ever since, I am going to see them in Cardiff next March though with my bf who hates them Mad (damn him) and I cant wait, from reading through the posts on this site i'm in for something special!!!! I can't wait to be honest!!!

Nice one Kayleigh, you will be seduced by the music from the first til the last minute !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
avatar

Female Number of posts : 64
Age : 27
Location : South Wales
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 06 Oct 2010, 14:02

My Bury Vest wrote:
Kayleigh wrote:
Wow this is kinda embarassing, i've never seen them Embarassed

I got into Elbow early last year properly and as a fan I have been growing rapidly ever since, I am going to see them in Cardiff next March though with my bf who hates them Mad (damn him) and I cant wait, from reading through the posts on this site i'm in for something special!!!! I can't wait to be honest!!!

Nice one Kayleigh, you will be seduced by the music from the first til the last minute !

I sure hope so !!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 217
Age : 47
Location : @MrIanGibson
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 06 Oct 2010, 14:06

I'm in the same boat as Kayeigh. Glasgow next year will be my first Elbow concert. I'm ditching my gf that night to go with my m8's, lol. Well she did faint at Newton Faulkner, so god knows what she would be like at Elbow! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Female Number of posts : 397
Age : 47
Location : Kettering, Northants
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 07 Oct 2010, 12:32


I'm a fairly new fan too, so here's my list:-

Newport - 2008
Wembley Arena or Stadium - 2008
The Halle - 2009
An evening with the man himself in Manchester (not sure if that counts) - 2009
Saw them support Coldplay in Dublin - 2009

and Nottingham arena next yr, plus 02 with any luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours


Male Number of posts : 107
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle/Gateshead
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Sun 10 Oct 2010, 15:23

errant wrote:
chan wrote:
My lot is:

1. Newcastle Uni
2. Newcastle Uni
3. V festival 2004
4. Leeds Festival 2005
5. Newcastle Academy
6. Sage Gateshead
7. Newcastle Academy

i cant remember any dates!!

i think i can help with the newcastle gigs, they played the uni three times that i know of... october 01 (alseep), october 03 (cast) and november 05 (leaders).

and i think the last three are probably all in support of SSK, so would be 5th april 2008 (academy), 20th october 2008 (sage) and 5th march 2009 (academy again!)...

Why thank you. I wasnt at the 01 (asleep) gig but that is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours


Male Number of posts : 107
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle/Gateshead
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Sun 10 Oct 2010, 15:24

errant wrote:
errant wrote:
too many times to remember? but first saw them in the basement of newcastle uni in 2001 and will see them again next year at the newcastle arena... never missed a newcastle gig, i would guess im into double figures will festivals and other apperances...


the nerd in me work it out, as i thought... i'm into double figures...


17th october 2001 - newcastle uni
28th june 2002 - glastonbury
13th july 2002 - old trafford move festival
17th august 2002 - v2002
17th august 2003 - edinburgh liquid rooms
5th october 2003 - newcastle uni
19th february 2004 - brixton academy
6th september 2004 - shepherds bush empire
20th november 2005 - newcastle uni
18th february 2006 - liverpool academy2
5th April 2008 - newcastle academy
20th October - sage gateshead
5th march 2009 - newcastle academy

and then i've got march 2011 coming up for 14 or more... yay!

How good were the final 3 on your list? Sage was great but it did lack an atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 163
Location : Perugia, Italy
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 11 Nov 2010, 21:17

Never Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Female Number of posts : 356
Location : IKEA-land
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 22:19

Four times I think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 461
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Tue 04 Jan 2011, 13:15

chan wrote:


How good were the final 3 on your list? Sage was great but it did lack an atmosphere.

i guess it was just 'different' at the sage - having seen quite a few gigs there i got exactly what i expected, but i heard a bit of chuntering in the crowd about the lack of atmosphere... for me, it was all about the music in such a wonderful hall (richard hawley played there and blew me a way, helped by the perfect acoustics of the room).

the funny thing is about those 3 gigs... the first academy gig, guy had to teach the crowd the words to one day like this, oddly that wasnt a problem with the last gig... but the flip side of the last gig was when someone next me to said to her mate 'what the f*ck is this' four bars into Newborn...

ho hum...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
avatar

Female Number of posts : 573
Location : S London/Kent
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Tue 04 Jan 2011, 13:44

errant wrote:
[

the funny thing is about those 3 gigs... the first academy gig, guy had to teach the crowd the words to one day like this, oddly that wasnt a problem with the last gig... but the flip side of the last gig was when someone next me to said to her mate 'what the f*ck is this' four bars into Newborn...

ho hum...

Bit of a giveaway, that, as never been to a gig where they havn't played Newborn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 461
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Tue 04 Jan 2011, 16:34

lucky with disease wrote:


Bit of a giveaway, that, as never been to a gig where they havn't played Newborn.

my heart sank... Neutral

i never heard her opinion afterwards - i'd like to think she was as blown away as i was the very first time i heard it! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motorpoint
newborn
newborn


Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:47

I remember the first time I saw Elbow was when they were supporting Muse at the NEC in Birmingham.

I'd only heard of them a little bit before and they totally blew me away with bass. I don't think they performed as well as they could as they were used as a bit of a soundcheck.

Must have done something right though because I bought Asleep in the Back the next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barclayender
newborn
newborn


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:09

Pretty sure this is my lot...

Nov 2005 - Brixton Academy
Feb 2006 - Cambridge Corn Exchange
Feb 2006 - Norwich UEA
April 2008 - Sheffield Octagon
July 2008 - Latitude Festival
March 2011 - Cambridge Junction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edbow
newborn
newborn


Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Mon 21 Mar 2011, 01:46

I'm very happy with my lot I must say.

16/10/2008 De Montfort Hall - Leicester
A couple got engaged to Mirrorball at this if I remember correctly.

17/01/2009 - Abbey Road Studios - London w/BBC Concert Orchestra and Chantage
You may all hate me for this, but I was one of the tiny few who were lucky enough to be there at Abbey Road, for what is probably the best concert I will ever see. Absolutely spectacular evening, and to see the band realise their music in such a brilliant way was astounding.
A lot of people comment on the videos etc. that they hope the people in the audience appreciated what they were witnessing, it's fair to say I did.

14/03/2009 - Wembley Arena - London

19/03/2011 - Motorpoint Arena - Sheffield
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel


Male Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Location : South Wales
Registration date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Tue 22 Mar 2011, 23:01

Tommo will be the first time for me to see them live, Reading Festival this August will be my seconed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Muse.Manic
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours


Male Number of posts : 107
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle/Gateshead
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 24 Mar 2011, 19:50

V festival (Stafford)
Newcastle Uni x 2
Leeds Festival 2005
Newcastle Academy x 2
Sage Gateshead
Newcastle Arena
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 25
Location : NW England
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Thu 24 Mar 2011, 20:48

The Echo Arena on Sunday was my first of many hopefully Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MantraLuna
fallen angel
fallen angel


Male Number of posts : 10
Location : Huntingdon
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:28

Delamere Forest (with I Am Kloot) - June 2008
Cambridge Corn Exchange (with Jesca Hoop) - October 2008
Wembley Arena (with The Acorn) - March 2009
Cambridge Junction - March 2011
O2 Arena - later today :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
avatar

Female Number of posts : 593
Age : 32
Location : 5 years ago and 3000 miles away
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 30 Mar 2011, 16:48

Just updated my count on the front page - up to 23! Watch your back Cestrian Saint, I'm gaining on ya. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
avatar

Female Number of posts : 573
Location : S London/Kent
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   Wed 30 Mar 2011, 17:05

Kim wrote:
Just updated my count on the front page - up to 23! Watch your back Cestrian Saint, I'm gaining on ya. Wink

lol, I updated mine too Wink
(though I seem to be losing momentum, whereas some of you are racing along Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?   

Back to top Go down
 
How many times have you seen Elbow live, and where?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: