elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Football   Tue 31 May 2011, 14:23

sparky wrote:
Me and my son Liam will be at wembley tomorrow for United V Barcelona

Great atmosphere, wonderful stadium, all fans getting on well together, one of my favourite days ever...............and then the game started Rolling Eyes

Seriously, it was an honour to be there, even though we did get well and truly battered.

Along with Brazil V Italy at the Azteca Stadium in 1970 (I wasn't there but we had a new colour telly) and elbow with The Halle Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall in 2009, this was one of the most beautiful performances I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Football   Tue 31 May 2011, 14:43

sparky wrote:
sparky wrote:
Me and my son Liam will be at wembley tomorrow for United V Barcelona

Great atmosphere, wonderful stadium, all fans getting on well together, one of my favourite days ever...............and then the game started Rolling Eyes

Seriously, it was an honour to be there, even though we did get well and truly battered.

Along with Brazil V Italy at the Azteca Stadium in 1970 (I wasn't there but we had a new colour telly) and elbow with The Halle Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall in 2009, this was one of the most beautiful performances I've ever seen.

Very gracious of you Sparky - despite my obvious allegiances on the night, the first half especially, I was captivated, the game went so fast, and to be fair, in the second half, no team would have lived with Barcelona, United just couldn't get a foothold in the game.

This Barca team could rule for the next 4 - 5 years, that's the frightening thing - it's more than just throwing money at their team, it's the whole culture, methods of training - everything.

I'm trying to think of a match where I've just sat back and just 'enjoyed', if that's the right word, a good tonking - maybe Arsenal at Maine Road, where we lost by 4 or 5, when Henry, Bergkamp and co absolutely took the piss.....they got applauded off by the City fans.

I was impressed by Wembley at the semi and final, a good view and excellent atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 02 Jun 2011, 01:46

I absolutely loved watching the final on saturday, i'm a huge fan of barca (especially their midfield [and Messi]), and just to see them turn on the passing in the second half was superb!! I think van der saar would've saved messi's goal if he was a few years younger, and the 3rd one wouldn't have happened if not for nani's awful touch which laid off villa. Even if those goals hadn't gone in, i still reckon barcelona would've run away with it, but i would've preferred it to be done through the brilliance which the team clearly possesses rather than an ageing goalkeeper and a bad first touch from a player who was still to get a feel for the ball.
Would anyone be able to tell me whether or not that was nani's first tich since coming on?

In regards to them ruling the game for the next few years, i don't think they need to spend a lot if at all to do so, but what worries me is the potential city has, what with their ridiculously wealthy owner to just buy anyone they want now that they've qualified for the champions league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Football   Fri 03 Jun 2011, 08:48

This is pretty cool.

http://wembley360.wembleystadium.com/

Any of the City fans on here tagged themselves?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
blumoon
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sun 05 Jun 2011, 21:30

heshofcheese wrote:
This is pretty cool.

Yes I'm tagged in that lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Football   Mon 06 Jun 2011, 15:05

blumoon wrote:
heshofcheese wrote:
This is pretty cool.

Yes I'm tagged in that lol

Yep, Sir Bury Of Vest is tagged aswell - I'm the one with the big smile ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football   

Back to top Go down

Football
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: