elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Thu 15 Jan 2015, 08:29

Back to top Go down
View user profile
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Thu 15 Jan 2015, 13:10

It's my birthday, what better way to celebtrate, fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Thu 15 Jan 2015, 20:19

Has anyone else had trouble registering for it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 18:31

So then... did anyone win a ticket?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 19:22

Big fat zero here ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 19:34

There is a ticket being sold by Warchild on ebay. At the moment it's at £350 - why don't you treat yourself MBV?!! It's good to see non-touts making a killing for such a good cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 19:45

ticky wrote:
There is a ticket being sold by Warchild on ebay. †At the moment it's at £350 - why don't you treat yourself MBV?!! †It's good to see non-touts making a killing for such a good cause.

£350 !! Jesus, I reckon I might bob down on the night though, do know harm and just a tram ride away...... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 21:41

I'm tempted to fly over for this one. Said my days of doing a 'cestrian' were behind me after the Stone Roses in Warrington and Elbow at The cathedral, but I might have to come out of retirement for this one. ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 23:01

Didn't win, never do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 07:29

Amazing show. Possibly the best setlist they've done in years. To be honest, the set was the sort of thing I was hoping for at the Apollo gigs but sadly that didn't happen. As with all these competition shows the place was a bit top heavy with people who were there just so they could say that they'd been there, rather than them being there because they're a die hard fan. Subsequently these idiots insist on chatting throughout the show and making repeat journeys to the bar, which just drives me mad. Had the room been filled with 200 people from this forum it would've been a perfect night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 08:02

Details!!!! What did they play?? How did you get in??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 08:09

I saw a girl advertising her spare ticket as her friend couldn't go. As soon as she confirmed that the ticket was mine I booked a flight and hotel.

Set was something like this.

This Blue World
Fugitive Motel
The Stops
Dear Friends
Great Expectations
Real Life (Angel)
Switching Off
My Sad Captains
Lippy Kids
Newborn
Grounds For Divorce
Scattered Black & Whites

Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 14:36

Cestriansteve wrote:
I saw a girl advertising her spare ticket as her friend couldn't go. As soon as she confirmed that the ticket was mine I booked a flight and hotel.

Set was something like this.

This Blue World
Fugitive Motel
The Stops
Dear Friends
Great Expectations
Real Life (Angel)
Switching Off
My Sad Captains
Lippy Kids
Newborn
Grounds For Divorce
Scattered Black & Whites

I don't actually think setlists get much better than that - being VERY picky, I'd swap Grounds, Sad Captains & Lippy Kids for My Very Best, Red & Powder Blue !

Seriously, sounds fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeganCeri
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 17:20

Probably the very best Elbow gig I've been to. Everything was so stripped down and beautiful. I was completely blown away by Real Life (Angel).
Also, met †Mr Garvey for the first time last night which added to the greatness of it.
Great night for a great cause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 17:54

MeganCeri wrote:
Probably the very best Elbow gig I've been to. Everything was so stripped down and beautiful. I was completely blown away by Real Life (Angel).
Also, met †Mr Garvey for the first time last night which added to the greatness of it.
Great night for a great cause Very Happy

Great shout MeganCeri re Real Life live ; first heard it live in Liverpool last year and then the other week in Manchester ; melts me every time I hear it ; so glad you had a great night......we wandered in the Roadhouse after the Saturday Manchester Apollo gig recently, picturing how it would go !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blaise83
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 21:34

Cestriansteve and MeganCeri thanks for sharing your memories of the (most amazing and unbelievable) night! I just can imagine your excitement then and now: I think I'll never be able to witness such a gig, with such a setlist, in such a special venue (though I treasure the concert in Florence as a good memory).
How smart is the choice of playing Dear Friends and Scattered Black & Whites as closing act in that place? This is one of the thing that I love the most: they are so accurate and dedicated to their music, to the meaning of it, and this care goes deep into you in a natural way, as when you are on the same wavelength with someone without any efforts... (sorry, I cannot explain this feeling very well in my language, just imagine in yours!).
Anyway, due to the venue, I would have added an acoustic version of Weather to Fly... but I'm a softie Smile

P.S.: MeganCeri, meeting Mr. Garvey puts a stupid never-ending smile on your face, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkaz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 04:52

So cool that it was such a great gig. Loved the few clips I heard of Grounds - the acoustic version with the harmonica is one of my absolute favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 19:37

You lucky lucky people to get a ticket for this gig! They played 'The Stops' too, one of my favourites. Nice to see a Forum representative present at such a special one off night. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24   

Back to top Go down

Elbow gig for Warchild @ Manchester Roadhouse Feb 24
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: