elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Took me thirty seceonds....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrsGuyGarvey
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Took me thirty seceonds....   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 01:24

I think this is my first post here so hi everyone!

I've been waiting for the pre-sale all morning and got my tickets in seconds for The Powerstation in Auckland.

Saw the boys last time at The Tivoli in Brisbane but had booked those before they released the NZ date. This'll be much cheaper than flying to Oz with hotels etc, but I would have done it  Thumbs Up! 

Thanks for coming back to 'lil old NZ guys. Now to contain my excitement until 1st November.... bounce

The pic in my avatar was taken in Brisbane, which was the best concert ever! I was the mad girl at the front.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jones
we're away
we're away

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Took me thirty seceonds....   Wed 03 Sep 2014, 19:42

Well done!
Have fuuuunnnn!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsGuyGarvey
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Took me thirty seceonds....   Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:41

The best concert yet Thumbs Up!

Not been to the Powerstation before and it's a neat little venue, holding around 1100. Was second in the queue outside, next to Tim  geek who had flown from Oz for both concerts, after going to all the Oz gigs (Lovely to meet you, Tim). The crew going in all said hello and stopped to talk.

First through the doors and got a place stage front and shook Guy's hand as he came on stage. I was the mad woman at the front (again), rocking my socks off. Spent the gig looking up at his navel, which wasn't a bad thing really  bounce , just a bit of neck ache as you are so close to the stage, without any security though, but fantastic to feel almost part of the stage.

The sound was amazing, the guys were fantastic, really fresh and the music just sounded so good. We didn't want it to end.

If anyone from Elbow's management etc ever reads this, thank you for coming down here and doing these small gigs. As expats we are slowly converting NZ to Elbow. We really appreciate it and hope you return soon. Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Took me thirty seceonds....   Thu 06 Nov 2014, 15:35

MrsGuyGarvey wrote:
The best concert yet Thumbs Up!

Not been to the Powerstation before and it's a neat little venue, holding around 1100. Was second in the queue outside, next to Tim  geek who had flown from Oz for both concerts, after going to all the Oz gigs (Lovely to meet you, Tim). The crew going in all said hello and stopped to talk.

First through the doors and got a place stage front and shook Guy's hand as he came on stage. I was the mad woman at the front (again), rocking my socks off. Spent the gig looking up at his navel, which wasn't a bad thing really  bounce , just a bit of neck ache as you are so close to the stage, without any security though, but fantastic to feel almost part of the stage.

The sound was amazing, the guys were fantastic, really fresh and the music just sounded so good. We didn't want it to end.

If anyone from Elbow's management etc ever reads this, thank you for coming down here and doing these small gigs. As expats we are slowly converting NZ to Elbow. We really appreciate it and hope you return soon. Thanks again guys!

Nice - glad to hear it went so well! When you're really psyched to see the guys and the show exceeds your expectations, that is just the BEST!! I've been right up to the stage at one of their smaller-venue gigs, and it is a treat for sure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took me thirty seceonds....   

Back to top Go down

Took me thirty seceonds....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: