elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hadrian's Wall Walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Hadrian's Wall Walk   Mon 19 May 2014, 14:07

Hi everyone. I haven't posted anything on here for a while (though I have been doing a lot of lurking and keeping up with stuff vicariously via Mrs W Cool).

My main focus at the moment is preparing for a little 84+ mile coast-to-coast walk along the line of Hadrian's Wall next month, which I'm doing as a challenge both for myself and as a means of fundraising for a cause very close to my heart, Brain Tumour Research.

You can read about my experience and why I'm raising money at:

http://www.justgiving.com/wren154

PS: There is actually an elbow link to all this. While I was in hospital in 2009, I missed the Blackpool Empress Ballroom gig and we had to cancel a weekend in London for elbow's first ever arena gig at Wembley.

However, Mrs W went to the Blackpool gig with my brother and managed to get a message to the band. The autographed get well messages from the lads on a CD she managed to get signed meant so much to me and helped get me through a pretty wretched time.

I was gutted to have to miss out on seeing my favourite band but this treasured keepsake cheered me up no end.

Here's the tin-rattling bit:

If you've got a couple of minutes to have a look at the Just Giving page and (of course) make a donation (however small) I would be very grateful.

*adopts Morgan Freeman voice*

Thankyou for listening

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Hadrian's Wall Walk   Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:08

He did it! Very Happy

Thanks to all those kind people - including a fair few from here - who supported or sponsored Mr W on his walk. He's raised almost 800 and prolly a few quid more once he's chased everyone up.

View user profile http://elbowfans.org

Hadrian's Wall Walk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: