elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

US fest date announced - Sasquatch!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: US fest date announced - Sasquatch!   Wed 05 Feb 2014, 14:41

Just saw the lineup announcement from the Sasquatch! festival in Washington - Elbow will be there for the May (Memorial Day) weekend! It is an all-around stellar lineup, and if it wasn't clear across the country I would LOVE to attend. Not to mention, the Gorge is an awesome place for music. Elbow play on the Sunday, along with Queens of the Stone Age, Major Lazer, Haim, Cold War Kids and a bunch of others. The full lineup really is solid and you can check it out here: http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/lineup/may

This year, the Sasquatch! fest is being held over two separate weekends, the first in May when Elbow are playing, and the second over the 4th of July weekend. Again, a fantastic lineup in July: http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/lineup/july

I am quite disgusted that I can't get to this one, it's probably one of the best overall festival lineups I've seen in a while and I would probably be over the moon if I went. Especially to see the Elboys, naturally! Surprised to see them there, actually. It seems like a fairly random US date, sandwiched between the arena tour and the summer festivals. Obviously I'll be keeping my eyes open in case any additional US dates are announced during that interim period between late April and early June. You never know...  cyclops 

I'm sure this info isn't relevant to 99% of the folks here on the boards, since y'all are an ocean away - hell, I live in the States and it's still too far for me! - but in case anyone is interested/in the general proximity...well, there ya go.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: US fest date announced - Sasquatch!   Wed 05 Feb 2014, 15:08

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Obviously I'll be keeping my eyes open in case any additional US dates are announced during that interim period between late April and early June. You never know...  cyclops 

i would think they'll do at least something else while they're over in the states around that time? would be an awfully long way to go and not take advantage of spreading the elbow word...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jones
we're away
we're away

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: US fest date announced - Sasquatch!   Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:54

Hey Chrissie!  (waves)

I agree with Errant in that it seems an awful long way to go for just one festival gig...
Surely they will "stick around" a bit???  Suspect 
Fingers crossed for a couple of US dates for you!

Hope y'all are well, my dear!

Last edited by Jones on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whoops, sorry; name misspelt)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: US fest date announced - Sasquatch!   Sat 08 Feb 2014, 04:17

Hiya Jones!!  Very Happy 

All's well here, at the moment, and I hope the same's true for you and yours. Yes, another US date or two would be lovely, though if they're only doing fests over here, I might be out of luck. Decent fests rarely ever happen near my neck of the woods, so unless it was within a reasonable distance I'd be missing out. I do hope there's at least a small go-round of proper shows in the US later in the year, maybe in the fall after they finish the summer festival circuit over there. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.  Laughing 

Big hugs to you, dude!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US fest date announced - Sasquatch!   

Back to top Go down

US fest date announced - Sasquatch!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: