elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Moving to Prestwich

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Moving to Prestwich   Fri 13 Jul 2012, 17:41

My girlfriend and I are moving to Prestwich next Friday. We really like the area, good mix of parks and open spaces as well as local amenities and proximity to the city centre. Just wondered if anyone has lived there or is living there? If so, anything you would recommend or avoid? Thinking of setting up an Elbow Star Maps a la Hollywood...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Prestwich   Mon 16 Jul 2012, 08:36

Know it very well mate - lived in Whitefield vrtually all my life, now residing just over the border in Unsworth, Bury.

St Mary's Park is great for the family, swings and slides, bowls, tennis - am going to a tribute band festival there in Sept 'Festwich' - Heaton Park, which I'm sure you're aware of !

Aumbry restaurant on Church Lane is DEFINITELY the most respected fine dining establishment in the area - Elboys are known to frequent it....I've not been in...yet ! Lots of curry houses in Prestwich & Whitefield (Lime Tree fantastic).

Pubs - Woodthorpe, Ostrich & Friendship all to be recommended by Yours Truly.

Whitefield & Bury all have plenty to keep one entertained - Prestwich is a nice area mate, got it's dodgy parts, but so have all suburbs/villages ! Plans are afoot to give it's centre a much needed facelift.

Am sure you'l' be reet - I see various Potters and Jupp's knocking around from time to time !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Prestwich   Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:03

Thanks for the information! We originally started looking around Sale/Altrincham/Didsbury etc but after seeing what you get for your money in Prestwich/Whitefield we decided to concentrate on that area instead. We'd visited a house in Whitefield for what we thought was the 3rd and final time when a house we saw at the start of our search came back onto the market, just off Gardner Rd, so we decided to go for that one. Lovely area. Really looking forward to exploring it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Prestwich   

Back to top Go down

Moving to Prestwich
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: