elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Teenage Fanclub - Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Teenage Fanclub - Shadows   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 10:54

I know there are a couple of fans of "The Fannies" on this board, have you had a listen to the latest album, Shadows, yet?

I heard it, not really expecting much since they seemed to have lost their mojo, and wow, it is really good. That sense of cheerful melancholia that they do so well is back, and this time it feels more poignant and even more uplifting.

One (positive) review I read said "They're happy enough to kick around three or four chords, looking for new spins..." which is true enough, but they're bloody good chords.

A really good record IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub - Shadows   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 16:15

Thanks Mr_K.....I'd forgetten there was a new album out....I'll give it a go

I saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they played a few new songs then. They were certainly up for it and enjoying themselves at the Academy.

I took two mates on the basis that "this is the best band you never heard in the nineties" and I "did them a tape" of some stuff before we went They are both converted. Smile

Alan McGee, founder of Creation Records supposedly said "the best two bands he ever signed were Oasis and TFC, the only difference being that Oasis weren't afraid of success and TFC were afraid of success"

I would recommend "Four Thousand Seven Hundred And Sixty Six Seconds - A shortcut to Teenage Fanclub" to anyone as a great introduction to their music.

Sublime jangly guitars....the sound of summer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub - Shadows   Tue 15 Jun 2010, 15:52

sparky wrote:
I would recommend "Four Thousand Seven Hundred And Sixty Six Seconds - A shortcut to Teenage Fanclub" to anyone as a great introduction to their music.

Agreed 100%, sparky. I have this and listen to it pretty regularly. Most of the tunes on there still sound fantastic, IMHO. Haven't heard the new one yet, but I want to and I'm sure I'll get to it before too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Fanclub - Shadows   

Back to top Go down

Teenage Fanclub - Shadows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: